The accident of birth is the greatest source of inequality. –James Heckman, Nobel Laureate in Economics, University of Chicago
We Change Children’s Lives
As part of a national network of Educare schools, Educare Arizona dramatically changes the life trajectories of thousands of children growing up in families facing the greatest obstacles to success. By significantly improving thousands of disadvantaged children’s lives, we also dramatically shift the way America thinks about early education for all children.
Educare Arizona’s mission is to ensure vulnerable young children and their families achieve success in school and in life by providing quality early childhood learning, family support, and health care. We also act as an unequivocal voice for early childhood policy and practice for all children.
Educare’s Core Features
The core features of Educare reflect the best available, evidence-based strategies for effectively preparing vulnerable young children and their families for success in school and in life. The power of the Educare model derives from the following core features working together in a comprehensive, intentional, and sustained way to achieve our high-quality early childhood program:
School Structure and Services
- Provide full-day, full-year services.
- Start early from birth to age three.
- Maintain low staff-child ratios and small class sizes.
- Offer on-site family support services.
- Emphasize social-emotional development to promote school readiness.
- Implement an interdisciplinary approach.
- Provide enhanced focus on language and literacy.
- Provide enhanced focus on problem-solving and numeracy.
- Integrate the arts.
Teacher and Staff Qualifications and Expectations
- Maintain high staff qualifications and intensive staff development.
- Use research-based strategies.
- Provide continuity of care.
- Implement reflective practice and supervision.